Following their first season back in National 2 North, Harrogate RUFC are looking to appoint an experienced forwards coach or forwards player coach to join the senior men’s coaching team. Harrogate RUFC are celebrating their 150th year and proudly run a successful mini-juniors section, academy, ladies and two men’s teams. This role is part time, consisting of training on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with games played on Saturdays.
With a key focus on forwards, to assist the Director of Men’s Rugby and Head Coach in the planning, preparation and delivery of the senior men’s rugby programme.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of the men’s rugby programme with a specific focus on forwards (scrum and lineout)
- To lead on areas of on field delivery as agreed with the Director of Men’s Rugby and Head Coach
- To provide input into selection for both the 1XV and 2XV
- To individually support players in their personal development, working with them to improve their areas of weakness and continue to grow in their areas of strength – to be agreed with the Head Coach
- To, at times agreed, support the academy coaches and players with forwards specific skills when they attend senior training
- To contribute and input into the recruitment of players as agreed with the Director of Men’s Rugby
- To proactively review and analyse games, providing team and individual feedback
- Support in fostering a positive culture amongst the club aligning to the club values
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Motivator of people and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of current rugby union coaching and training practices
- To be constantly looking to improve own coaching practice
- Detailed technical and tactical knowledge of rugby
- To be available and attend training on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as game days on Saturdays throughout pre-season and in season times (roughly July-April)
- Proven rugby coaching experience and/or ability at National League level
- Knowledge of current coaching and training processes
- Minimum RFU Level 2 Coaching Award
Appropriate interested candidates should please apply with a CV and short covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday 20th May. For further advice or more information on the role, please contact Martyn Wood by email to arrange an informal conversation.
Posted 9.50am Wed 11/5/22.